The customer shall inspect the goods on receipt and shall be deemed to have accepted the goods unless with 7 days after their receipt the customer shall have notified the seller that the goods are rejected (This does not however, affect the customer’s statutory rights). If no such action has been taken, Manx National Heritage shall consider the product being as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for their purposes, and may not accept any reject at a later date.
In cases where the rejection of the goods is due to a defect or discrepancy in the order, which can be shown, the customer is entitled to a full refund or replacement.
- Where there is a defect in the product purchased we will replace or refund the item if it is returned to us in its original packaging. However, we endeavour to package the products as securely as possible to ensure they arrive in good condition.
- It must be returned to Manx Museum Shop, Manx National Heritage, Manx Museum, Kingswood Grove, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 3LY before the replacement or refund can be issued.
- A copy of the original delivery note or confirmation of the order must be included with the product as proof of purchase.
- The customer must send all returns within 7 days of receipt. It is advisable that a certificate of posting and insurance is obtained.
- We will make the refund directly to the credit/charge card used to place the original order within 30 days or earlier once we have inspected the returned item.
- We believe that you will be delighted with your product but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item.
- Refunds will be issued at our discretion providing you have a valid proof of purchase and goods are returned unused in their correct packaging and that we are satisfied that the item has been returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
- If we find the item has not been returned to us in a fully resalable condition we reserve the right not to exchange or refund the item.
- We aim to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
- For the reasons of hygiene we are unable to accept returns of pierces earrings.
- With the exception of faulty items, we cannot accept the return of certain products which have been opened and used e.g. CD’s, DVD’s or other recorded material or perishable goods.
In cases where the rejection is due to an incorrect order from the Customer or to dissatisfaction, the Customer may receive a partial refund (full refund less postage) only. Goods must be returned Manx National Heritage before the partial refund can be issued. When returning items you are strongly advised to obtain proof of posting and insurance. We cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost or damaged in transit.
Right of Cancellation
Cancellations are only accepted if the Customer complies with the following cancellation procedure:
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to [email protected] either prior to receipt of goods or within 7 days of the receipt of the goods.
For goods for delivery to third parties, notification of cancellation will apply as if the consumer had received the goods on the day on which they were received by the third party.
The consumer is under a duty to take reasonable care to see that the goods are received by the supplier and not damaged in transit.
A full refund will be made within 30 days. However, the purchaser will pay for the return postage of the unwanted goods. If the consumer does not comply and returns the goods at the supplier’s cost then this cost will be deducted from the amount refunded.
Items which are excluded are sealed audio and visual recordings.
Further information concerning your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uksi/si2000/20002334.htm and Consumer Protection Act 1991.